Saturday, November 15, 2008
Monday, October 13, 2008
Architecture - Business and Technical
- Enterprise Architect - product by a company in New Zealand
- Microsoft Visio
- Enterprise Architect
- Erwin ERX
- .NET 3.5
- CIC E-Signature framework
- Groove - Peer to Peer by Ray Ozz for Microsoft
- Microsoft Commerce Server
Internet Speed Development - also called Microsoft Solution Framework, a no nonsense delivery process. I have personally used it commando style over the last 6 years with excellent results. It is loosely based on PMBok, shame it seems to loose popularity in favor of pure PMBok.
- FXCop - Standalone and Visual Studio integrated
- Reflector - Decompiler and documentation
- Jungle Software Decompiler 2005 - Decompiler professional strength
- FinRadFxCopStats - track FxCop remediation
- NDepend - integrated code quality reporting tool
Sunday, August 3, 2008
Wednesday, July 9, 2008
SENIOR IT EXECUTIVE: CIO, CTO, VP of Technology, Technology Officer
Talented and accomplished Technologist, Senior IT Executive and Technology Officer with over 20 years of experience leading corporate success through effective alignment of technology operations and business goals. Proven track record in implementing enterprise hardware and software solutions in e-commerce, financial, military, logistics, and manufacturing environments. Expert at leading development of ERP, data warehouse, and supply chain systems. Hands-on technology background. Accomplished liaison between technical and non-technical groups.
IT Operations ▪ Strategic Planning ▪ Solution Development ▪ Program Management ▪ Budget/Cost Control
Application Development ▪ Technology Implementation ▪ Project Management ▪ Vendor Management
Business Development ▪ Organizational Improvement ▪ Process Enhancement ▪ Relationship Management
Customer Satisfaction ▪ Entrepreneurship ▪ Leadership ▪ PL ▪ ROI ▪ TCO ▪ SOX ▪ Governance
Microsoft Corporation, Seattle, WA 2010 – Current
Technology Sales for Microsoft's enterprise segment. $100B customers.
Teamwork IS Inc., Atlanta, GA 2007 – July 08
E-Business Program Manager
Contract engagement for Invacare Supply Group, a business unit of Invacare, headquartered in Ohio. Successfully delivered the enterprise catalog management and the State of MA Contract B-B portal projects within program constraints. Program management, project management, vendor management, system architecture.
AIG AGENCY AUTO, Atlanta, GA 2006 – 2007
Chief Technology Officer
Senior member of technology team that oversees technology operations for $1.2 billion auto insurance company. Supervise staff of 220 onshore and 80 offshore employees. Oversee 5 direct reports and jointly administer $60 million IT budget. Carry out strategic planning, change management, architecture management, process control, governance, and training. Lead enterprise architecture, process & governance, business intelligence, project management office (PMO) and user experience program. Established IT Process & Governance team.
· Improved efficiency by developing and implementing portfolio and program management programs.
· Saved $300,000 in first 3 months by cutting program costs.
· Chartered first architecture review board and re-engineered enterprise architecture programs. Implemented TOGAF-based enterprise architecture program.
· Cut expense-to-capital ratio 20% by implementing time tracking and status reporting functions.
· Enhanced solution delivery by introducing progress improvement programs.
· Facilitated funding of E-Signature, CSR Systems, and document management through ROI/TCO studies.
· Delivered standards based IT Process model and toll gating processes, in CMM Level 1 environment.
· Chaired strategic agency integration project. Managed relationships with IBM, CSC, Pega Systems, Softwire, SAP, Silanis, Global 360, Tealeaf and CIC.
· Improved productivity and reduced project costs by restructuring offshore relationship.
POINTMETHOD CORP., Atlanta, GA 2000 - 2006
Senior Partner, Chief Technology Officer, Senior Consultant
Managed daily operations of consulting practice for $2 million IT consulting firm specializing in internet B2B and B2C ventures. Managed 15 reports. Carried out consulting, project management, sales, marketing, partner relationship management, contract negotiations, proposal development, P&L management, and technology infrastructure management.
· Grew company from $50,000 in sales to $2 million and achieved Microsoft Gold Partner status. Consistently listed in Top 20 for MS Partners in integrated e-business.
· Established competencies in integrated e-business, information worker, business intelligence and networking infrastructure.
· Rebranded company and acquired trademark registered brand name.
· Acquired customers such as Proctor & Gamble, Microsoft, Carnival Cruise Lines, Harrods of London, Ritz Carlton, Culinary Masters Corp., Boys & Girls Club of America, and others.
· Planned and led key technology projects, including e-business platform reengineering, portal design, website development, executive dashboard system design, content management solutions, and more.
· Helped grow large food distributor from $500,000 per year to over $5 million. Served as Consulting CIO. Carried out ERP migration and business process reengineering.
TRADEUPS, Atlanta, GA 2001 - 2002
Developed and implemented long term technology strategies for start-up Internet Company. Managed development and professional services, architecture, data warehousing and project management.
· Improved efficiency by migrating development to .NET server and development environment.
· Led the delivery of branded high visibility, high volume portals for IBM, Dell, HP, Lexmark, Epson, and other clients.
· Managed intranet support, carried out infrastructure planning, and architected rapid-deployment framework.
· Dramatically reduced deployment costs and time (more than 50% reduction) by designing a multi-brand e-business framework.
TEAMWORK INFORMATION SERVICES INC., Atlanta, GA 1994 - 2000
Senior Partner, Program Management
Managed program management, architecting, and development of web, e-commerce, and application solutions for wide variety of clients. Supervised up to 6 direct and 20 indirect reports for customer projects.
· Directed development of automation portals, client-server systems, and business applications for clients.
COMPUTER DATA SYSTEMS, Fort Benning, GA 1992 - 1994
UNITED STATES ARMY, Fort Benning, GA 1988 - 1992
Information Management Officer (1991-1992)
Special Operations (1988-1991)
DM IMPORTS, Washington, DC 1984 - 1987
BS in Computer Science, Columbus State University, Columbus, GA 1994
TRAINING & CERTIFICATIONS
Course work in Business Management, University of Maryland
Pega Systems BPM Boot camp
Certified MSF Practitioner
MCP .NET Solutions Architecture
Emergency First Response Instructor
PADI Staff Dive Instructor
Graduate Army Jungle Warfare School, Army Ranger Indoctrination School, Army Jumpmaster School.
Solutions: COTS VRML Designer, Operating room Anesthesiologist support system, COTS RTF Report writer for PowerBuilder, COTS Mortgage Point of Sale solution, COTS Internet Real-time content subscription system, Airline fare management system, Internet based Interactive Training system, In-flight interactive TV system, Shipboard interactive TV system, Internet based invoice/billing document processing solution for audit company, BB real-time financial audit application. BB E-Business Buy-side purchasing solution, Internet BB/BC E-Business Relocation Portal, Internet COTS Supply Chain Notification System, BC Viral Marketing Portal for P&G, Data Warehouse solution for P&G, Business Intelligence solution to support Manufacturer Sustainability Program, ASP Professional Services Portal, BC E-Business solution for religious institution, BC E-Business solution for major textile manufacturer, BB/BC E-Business solution for commercial carpet tile manufacturer, Global Enterprise Content Management solution for major chemical manufacturer, ERP package implementation for food distributor, Enterprise SharePoint Marketing Portal, Army Evaluation System application, Army Hazard Duty Tracking application, Army Base Training Logistics Coordination System, Enterprise SharePoint Status Reporting solution, BI SharePoint Scorecard solution for banking software company, BB E-Business solution for major publishing house, BB/BC E-Business solution for multi-level marketing company, Internet Video Surveillance solution, RF Golf Course Pace of play solution, Public Wireless POP solution, BC E-Business solution for European retailer, BC E-Business solution for luxury resort corporation, E-Signature solution, BB real-time quoting Agency Integration, Call Center Customer Service Dashboard solution, ERP implementations, CRM implementations.
Technologies: TCP/IP, ATM, IP-Multicast, IBM Mainframe, AS/400, HP Mini, x386, RISC, MVS, OS/2, Windows 3.x - Windows Server, Linux, Mac, C++, Java, VB, .NET, PHP, ASP, ASP.NET, SQL Windows, SQL Server, Oracle, DB2, MySQL, Poet, ObjectStore, COBRA, DCOM, SOAP, SOA, RPC, Manhattan WMS, Pega BPM, SAP, QBooks, Peoplesoft, MS CRM, SalesLogix, SalesForce, CheckPoint, Mercury LoadRunner, WebSphere, Sharepoint, MOSS, Content Management Server, Commerce Server, ASPNetStorefront, Site Server, IIS, Apache, Project Server, MS Project, HP PPM, Rational, Sparx Architect, MPEG1-2, NET 2.0, .NET 1.x,C#, ASPNET,Commerce Server,Site Server 2000,2002,2006,2007,Merchant Server,NCompass,Content Management Server (MCMS),Biztalk Server 2000,2002,2004,2006,Corasworks,Sharepoint Server,Application Center,Microsoft SQL Server,UML,Modeling,Enterprise Architecture,MPEG 1,MPEG 2,IGMP,TCP/IP,Network Architecture,Application Architecture,IIS,ASP,HTML,XML,XLST,Sparx Enterprise Architect,Erwin ERX,Rational Rose,RUP,MSF,SQL-92, Visual Studio, C++, Biztalk Server 2000, IIS, SQL Server, AS/400, DB2, Clusters, hosted environments,Digex,Data Return,UPS Shipping API,Fedex Shipping API,ATL,STL,MFC,Active-X,Verisign Commerce API,ASP.NET,.NET 1.1,NUNIT,Analysis Services, Sql Server 2005, load-balanced environment,CheckPoint,Active Directory,ADSI,Security,MSF, UML 2.0 .NET 1.1, SQL Server 2000, Analysis Services, Sharepoint Portal Services, Windows Sharepoint Services, Information Bridge Framework, Microsoft ScoreCard Manager 2005, Smart Documents,Microsoft Enterprise Framework 1.1,Microsoft Infopath,Sharepoint Portal Server 2003,Windows Sharepoint,Corasworks,VRML,Compuware,K2,Avicode,OLAP.
IEEE, Georgia CIO Association, PADI, American Legion, Veterans of Foreign Wars
Complete list of presentations and speaking engagements available on request
Languages: Fluent German, Fluent French, Italian, Spanish
Clearance: Secret ETNAC (1989-1996)